When you are Pregnant, you most likely will have a hard time to sleep. There are a certain amount of factors that could lead to this. Things like stress, hormonal fluctuations, and physical issues are the most important ones. After being pregnant for a while, it could be pretty hard to find a good and comfortable position when you are trying to sleep. I got 9 tips for you regarding those issues and I hope that these could benefit you during your night.
9 tips which will help you during the night!
1. Our whole body needs a lot of water to stay hydrated during the day, you have to drink as much as possible! Only stop drinking after a certain time (1 hour before heading to bed), to reduce the number of toilet visits every night. Drinking, and especially water, is very good for your body. You will feel much healthier after drinking water for a longer amount of time.
2. Do some exercises during the day. It will make you feel more fit and healthy, and you will get tired of doing it. After all, it makes sleeping easier and therefore you should consider it. Make a schedule of all exercises that you could do and just do it!
3. Get rid of stress. Stress is the biggest factor in not sleeping very well. When you have stress and you keep thinking of the hard time that you are going to have, it makes it harder to sleep. Don’t worry about everything, because every little thing is gonna be alright!
4. Get a routine. If you go to bed and get up every day at the same time, your whole body would benefit it. You will get a routine and your brain thinks like, hey, it’s 11 p.m. I have to go to bed, I’m tired! This will help you the most!
5. After like 20 weeks you have to lay down on the left side of your body. This will give the best blood flow to your fetus and kidney. Just don’t lay down on your back, that is an absolute no go!
6. Avoid spicy food. Recent studies showed that when you eat spicy food, you will have a hard time to get to sleep. That is why you have to avoid spicy food.
7. When you are tired during the day, just take a little power nap. 20 minutes sleeping will recover your body and you will feel so much better afterwards. Avoid sleeping longer then 30 minutes, if you do that, you will be really tired during the day. And it will make you sleep worse than ever!
8. Get some compression and support and use a pregnancy pillow! I already told in other articles why you should buy a pregnancy pillow immediately. This pillow will give you more support and compression during the night, you will sleep so much better! If you want to read more about it, see our buying guides: How to know which pregnancy pillow is the best for you? and Top: Pregnancy pillow Reviews!
9. Have a look at your diet. Don’t drink coffee, or drinks which contain a lot of caffeine. Caffeine is the number 1 factor which will prevent you from sleeping well at night! Instead of drinking coffee, drink plenty of water during the day. As explained above, this will give your body more power and you will feel much healthier!
Source: Own findings and google answers
Thank you for reading the article, I really hope that you survive the pregnancy period! And that you will sleep better with help of these tips. If you want some more advice, I recommend you to read our other articles or ask me personally.